Help: error ?

error ?
sk_28
Sept. 4, 2018, 6:56 a.m.

i got to a part where it asked for memory size? but wouldnt take anything i put in after many trys it froze up

i relogged in and connected to my host but ended up doing this HackerVM v1.8.7 $Rev: 319 $
19455 Bytes free Enhanced BASIC 2.22 $Rev: 278 $ Ported to Hacker's Edge by Chronoboy

Ready

yes Syntax Error
Ready Y Syntax Error
Ready basic ? Syntax Error
Ready help Syntax Error
Ready Ready Syntax Error
Ready ?

Ready ls Syntax Error
Ready exit Syntax Error
Ready rebot Syntax Error
Ready reboot Syntax Error
Ready ls Syntax Error
Ready clear Syntax Error
Ready @whoami Syntax Error
Ready manual Syntax Error
Ready exit Syntax Error
Ready :5a 5a f1 Syntax Error
Ready 1f 2f 3f exit Syntax Error
Ready left Syntax Error
Ready right Syntax Error
Ready forward Syntax Error
Ready 1 2 3 4 5 6

had to reboot host. i think im just dumb. but that could just be the lack of sleep. :)

Id love to know how i can find targets??? like do i have to write a in game scanner software. to check ip address's ? or is there something im missing. my +who isnt showing anyone on. and im only a little savvy in basic i am really more of a .net dev but i have dabbled with assembly and hex editors. for hacking games

error ?
sk_28
Sept. 4, 2018, 7:12 a.m.

also my disk.1 doesnt attach to host.

attach (host ip) disk.1 just gives me a error

nice
sk_28
Sept. 4, 2018, 7:21 a.m.

also may i just say you a brilliant not to stroke your ego or anything. but memory access, real assembly, and basic programming , FTP. This is exactly the hacking game i was looking for.

it's a stroke of genius

error ?
kveroneau(Game Creator)
Sept. 4, 2018, 2:24 p.m.

That's the EhBASIC interpreter, which only accepts BASIC commands. A full manual can be found here: http://retro.hansotten.nl/lee-davison-web-site/enhanced-6502-basic/

I believe there is another way to return back to the OS by using the CALL command however, where you can call an assembly routine.

If .NET is your thing, and some assembly, you can use Assembly or even C. There is documentation on this here: http://www.hackers-edge.com/HelpCenter/programming/getting-started-cc65.html

EhBASIC was ported as a prove of concept to Hacker's Edge to show that the game engine does indeed run a full 65c02 Virtual CPU capable of running real 65c02 programs such as EhBASIC. At the moment for doing anything productive, it is really lacking.

If you want to run OOC/IC commands which start with @ and +, you should return to the OOC Shell from a host by pressing Ctrl-Z, which basically suspends the host and brings you back into OOC mode. From here you can even reboot your host if you cannot find the CALL command to exit EhBASIC.