Development Diary: Hacker's Edge first development live stream

Hacker's Edge first development live stream
kveroneau(Game Creator)
Jan. 19, 2018, 5:29 a.m.

This evening during my development I decided to publicly broadcast my development to anyone interested. The first part has a lot of interesting explanations of how HackerOS is developed. It soon gets into some debugging of in-game programs, to the updating of the provided C library, by adding network functions to C itself. It is a very long video at 1 hour and 44 minutes long, but has plenty of interesting content and looks behind the scenes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbUCVeb7fhQ

Depending on how these development live streams are received, I may consider live streaming every development session. It will be much more interesting when I'm not as tired as I was during this first live stream.

On a side note, I have began work on the C function calls to access the in-game networking facilities. It is not currently socket compatible, and uses it's own special C API. I may consider building a socket compatible C library one day.

I will be making a few tutorial videos on how to get cc65 working on various platforms, and working with Hacker's Edge, so that players can compile C programs and run them in-game easily.