News: The price you pay for having a busy life

The price you pay for having a busy life
kveroneau(Game Creator)
Dec. 17, 2016, 5:32 p.m.

As mostly everyone who has followed Hacker's Edge has seen, that since about July, updates to the game began to become very slow and sparse on my part. This was due to ending up in a relationship where almost all my time was dedicated away from development of this game during my time off. It is very true when they say you need to make a choice between work life and family life. You really can't easily fit a 9-5 Monday to Friday job, along with a relationship, and the development of an ambitious game like Hacker's Edge all in one boat.

I am very happy to report that I am once again single! yay! And will now be-able to once again devote most of my time off of work to the development of Hacker's Edge.

Now, you might be asking why did I write the subject line to this message as such? Well, during the period where I have neglected the development of the game, many long term supporters and beta players have left. These were dedicated fans who quite literally logged into the game everyday to see what was new and cheer on new features and developments from the sidelines. In the last couple months, these supporters began to run thin as they started to jump ship and log in a lot less and soon stop logging in all together. This is the price you pay for having a busy life. I was promising new features and hyping the game, when right around the corner a time consuming relationship was hiding in the shadows to take everything away.

I really missed developing Hacker's Edge for quite literally 48 hours straight on past weekends. It gave me a huge sense of satisfaction, and those were times when there weren't any beta players logging in all the time. My passion in life is software engineering, and regardless if anybody plays Hacker's Edge, I will continue development out of the joy I feel from merely entering software code into an IDE.

Please stay tuned for an announcement video on YouTube coming very soon.